The State has set up a personal training account for all active people, the list of people likely to have a personal training account is the following:
- Persons aged 16 and over with a Personal Training Account (PTA)
- Young people aged 15 who have signed an apprenticeship contract, by derogation, are also concerned
- Full-time and part-time employees
- Self-employed workers
- Seasonal employees
- Public and consular agents
- Job seekers
- Disabled people living in an institution or in a work assistance service (ESAT).
*Note that the CPF is closed when you retire.
*The only condition for eligibility if you are on the list is to have worked in France after 2015.
The CPF turns your work hours into money, automatically put into your personal training account.
For a full-time or part-time employee, the CPF can be credited with up to €500 per year of work, up to a maximum of €5,000.
To create your account you just have to click here and provide your social security number.
Once connected, you will be able to directly access the amount available in your account and use it for training.
Please note that the personal training account can only be used for eligible training courses, to consult this list click here.
As of January 1, 2021, only organizations holding the Qualiopi certification will have the right to register their training on the CPF.
Several available uses of CPF:
The CPF can only be used at the employee's initiative. If he decides to use it, he has two options:
- It is possible to do the training during working hours, in which case the employer must give his authorization.
- You can also take the training outside of work hours if the employer does not have to approve it.
Good to know: if you take a training course during your working hours, your salary will be maintained.
Full funding or funding assistance,
Depending on the money you have in your account, you can choose different training courses, let's say you have 1500€ you can choose to do a training course at 1500€ or less to finance it totally by the CPF or you can also choose a training course at 2000€ where you will complete the missing 500€ by paying online with your bank card.
If you wish to consult the list of our CPF eligible trainings, click here .