Once you have established a strategy and targeted the companies and people to focus on, how do you go about meeting them?
"Fish don't swim upstream," said a famous business executive to sum up the strategy of starting at the top or with someone you know. Listing all of the business functions that would be useful to meet in your project will help you realize that you have a very broad battlefield.
There are multiple channels to get in touch with your targets.
- Personal networks and associations;
- Your company's internal network;
- Recommendations (client, extension of the scope of a mission, other partners, from above) ;
- Events (professional events, breakfasts, trade shows) ;
- Incoming calls;
- Advisory Committees;
- Various activities.
Method Sheet - Networks and Associations
- I list the networks/associations in which I am or wish to be involved.
- I identify the actions I need to take to get involved:
- I register to the association ;
- I identify events/activities;
- I am attending a conference/meeting;
- I am organizing a conference/meeting;
- I identify key people and make contact.
- I track my results to stay motivated:
- Conference/Meeting Attendance;
- Number of contacts met as a result;
- Leads obtained ;
- Signed contracts assisted by the network.